Wednesday, May 13, 2009

BRISTOL


Back from the Bristol Expo. Had a great weekend. Met a lot of people including many of the fine folk whp contribute to both HUZZAH!! 2009 and HUZZAH!! NOIR. Also had a chance to talk to Dave Gibbons about Manga Studio (after making an ass of myself by getting his name wrong - I was nervous, what can I say?). He was very nice indeed. Also met Paul Cornell (who's name I didn't get wrong - but then he's a 'Paul', it's only if you're a Dave will I get your name wrong as Dave Taylor will no doubt testify), Liam Sharp from Mam Tor at long last, Roger Langridge and Paul Peart-Smith (both of whom are artists who contribute to the excellent Act-i-vate) and many many more.

As you can see from the photograph above SelfMadeHero had a banner outside the hotel (it was HUGE!). I signed a fair few copies of Hound of the Baskervilles - thank you to all those who bought a copy of the book and came up and said hello.

But now its back to work - back to Baker Street and A Study in Scarlet.

2 comments:

Antonio said...

Nice to see you, and thanks for the signature.
Also, the conversation about identity and art was very inspirational.

I. N. J. Culbard said...

Hello Antonio! I enjoyed our conversation immensely. It was great to meet you.